Sunday, August 3, 2008

Week in Review

We began the week with Ike's Birthday. Now that he's 8, he likes to take his shirt off for pictures. He also likes to wear his new athletic gloves quite a bit. They are very useful for gripping dessert.
Despite the lack of pastry prettiness, that apple pie lasted me several meals. Breakfast, lunch and dinner for a couple days. Hey, apples are fruit so I was very healthy.
Ethan had a rare moment where Noelle would sit on his lap so he screamed for me to take a picture. I did. Please note the pacifier. Future posts will be coming as I am debating whether or not it's time to say good-bye to my best friend.
The above picture caused lots of excitement this weekend. We are lucky to live so close to the mountains, but the dangers of wildfires came a little too close to home. Fortunately the wind was blowing in our favor and our neighborhood never was threatened but we knew people whose homes had to be evacuated. Scary.

Yesterday was Ike's baptism. He had managed to endure all the attention and extra gifts that come with this special day. We successfully fed the family afterwards even though I still don't know how to calculate food for large crowds. Let's just say we made several more shopping trips than I originally planned.
We also went school shopping this week and Ike and Mitch were very embarrassed for me to go in the boys dressing room with them. I don't know what was better though....me in the boys or them in the girls?? What's the proper protocol?
More stuff happened like the kids putting on a realllly long play that they made Hub videotape and Mitch went into timeout about 83 times and I wanted to buy myself a snowcone but never figured out how to do it without getting one for the kids and heaven knows they didn't deserve one like I did....So that's it. You know where to come for excitement. Right here in my Week In Review. Oh yeah. Anybody need some zucchini? Why does that veg reproduce so much?

11 comments:

cold cocoa said...

Looks like an exciting week. Keep the Best Friend. I am running a test on how long it can be used and if self-quitting is possible.

Oh...and we'll take a zuke! I accidentally bought 8 cups of mozzarella cheese at Walmart so I have to make a lot of lasagnas. Plus the last one you gave us is starting to rot on the counter.

hOLLIANN said...

No dressing room - that is Holli protocol. If I can't buy it online, on sale, free shipping, no tax...I don't buy it...And if the return policy stinks...don't get me started...I will wait.

I need zucchini! I did not plant one this year - duh - I love zucchini!

TisforTonya said...

My sweet W nearly had a conniption last week when I asked him to try on the pants we'd selected - and then come SHOW Mom... you would have thought I'd asked him to do a tap dance routine for the entire store wearing said new pants... We bought the first pair that fit reasonably well and got outta there!

crud... I wish we were closer, I could use some Zucchini... but hey, look what's just around the corner
- August 8th is the official "sneak a zucchini onto your neighbor's front porch day"... no joke.

LC said...

T--how do you know things like that?

Boy, I have missed some good reads this week. I thoroughly enjoyed your "cultural discussion post" When you're ready to take it to the next level--try BYU TV--it will still be from the comfort of your living room and maybe those boys will be twirling around the living room letting out the ballroom dancer within--add Ike's gloves and no shirt for style.

Try shoving some of the zucchini in some crust and call it "apple pie" for another great week of meals.

The Allreds said...

That's a hard week to top...
I won't let Garrett see the top photo since one time when Connor was here he danced without a shirt on and a hat backwards, that's how Garrett wanted to look 24-7! : )
Like the gripping technique with the pie...very good use for those. Hopefully he can play goalie this year. Fun times!

Michelle said...

When we weaned A from her best friend we just "lost" it at Grammy's and she was fine. She was ready to give it up and almost 3. Unless it is hampering speech I wouldn't worry about it.
Congrats on your baptism, Ike! We are really excited for you.
I like dipping zucchini in batter and baking it--tasty, almost like fries. Too bad our spring was so quick here in E or we would have bushels to use on place a zuke on your neighbor's porch day.

Rhonda Can't Help You said...

I'll take any zucchini you've got. I don't grow things, and that's my favorite veggie. Good to see you Saturday. Thanks for the invite.

hOLLIANN said...

Big thanks to t...whoever you are! I just got the best idea for the mailbox war for my neighbor...zucchinis! Very clever! Thanks again!

TisforTonya said...

a mailbox war with your neighbor? sounds like fun... and maybe makes me glad that we just have one of those "neighborhood" boxes :)

Sherie Christensen said...

I liked your comment about the snow cone. My sister and I laughed the other day because we told the kids they could have two cookies and hoped they didn't ask how many we'd had! Mmmm. Also, about culture. I find I selfishly want to enjoy my culture without feeling like I have to be "responsible" for someone at the same time. Fortunately most of my kids are pretty responsible at this point so I can take some of them and feel like they're getting a little culture. We took Jake to gymnastics once, waited in line for a Looong time and then he paid attention for about two minutes. Sigh.

hOLLIANN said...

So did hubstar ever email lambkins? I have been bugging him to no avail...he is playing basketball right now...anyways dinner and a movie with no kids? my kids are dying to have a babysitter, and I am dying for them to have a babysitter!