Thursday, August 28, 2008

Call Me a Romantic

can't you just see the love in Bill's eyes? We have replaced the exciting Olympics with the even more exciting Democrat National Convention. Same star power, same awesome rock music, same crazy fans, just less muscles and Chinese people.
Unfortunately, we have been busy with soccer games, soccer practice, homework tantrums, scouts and a never-ending backyard mess so we haven't been able to stay as riveted to the TV as we like. However, I have seen enough to realize that I have a dream (I'm pretty sure 'that' dream has been quoted a few times at the convention already so I'm doing a different one). My dream involves Hillary and Bill kissing passionately for the cameras and then retiring from the public light and becoming fisherpeople on the coast of Maine. And living happily ever after together. Forever. Wouldn't that be nice? Seriously, if they have stuck it out together this long for their political careers then they can stick out a couple decades more. Their story of love would be unrivaled. They've been through it all together and I just don't believe that real love isn't hiding under there somewhere beneath all the Aquanet and power suits. Come on, who's for a Bill and Hillary romantic ending? It would read like one of those incredibly sappy and predictable Nicholas Sparks books my sister always makes me read.

9 comments:

TisforTonya said...

I've only made it through one Nicholas Sparks novel - something about a message and a bottle, so I can't really relate to the romantic wishes here... but hey, as long as they retire from public life I'll be happy.

Ahh... The DNC does NOT remind me of any Denver that I lived in.

cold cocoa said...

Which sister are you talking about? I wasn't pulling teeth- after all, they came back to me with tear stains on the pages.

I want a Billary love story too. I wonder what her next move is? And isn't Chels lookin' hot these days?

hOLLIANN said...

I totally don't want her to retire...not that I am a huge Mccain fan, but this keeping Hillary in it is cracking me up. So here is to Billary for president...at least until the Obama campaign continues to fall apart...baaaa!

BTW - Amazon sells 3 shirts - McCain, Obama, and Hillary! Ahhhhaahhaahhaa!

The Allreds said...

You know me and politics...and you know me and a sappy romance. I'm all for the romance and get out of politics (that's a double happy ending, yes!?!?) : )

DKAZ said...

First of all your sister doesn't make you read those sappy stories. I know you're at the 12 noon release parties.
Bill and Hillary-their love is definitley unrivaled AND unrequited.
BTW he only looked at her like that because he was caught up thinking about all the people in crowd in their unders.

Sherie Christensen said...

That sounds great -- lets have them go ahead and be romantic and "disappear into the sunset" there to live happily ever after. And how does your sister going about making you do something? That knowledge could maybe be used to my advantage.

big8smiley said...

I would like to see the happy ending where she is stepping down from the podium, trips and totally loses it, and he catches her at the bottom of the stairs - then they disappear forever. :)

hOLLIANN said...

This video on Fox news is too perfect for you blog post...It is titled love triangle.

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video08.html?maven_referralObject=3059275&maven_referralPlaylistId=&sRevUrl=http://www.foxnews.com/

Megz said...

HAHAHa. Thanks Holli. That video just destroyed any hopes for the two of them. You don't leave your hub's lips hanging like that if you're about to ride off into the sunset with him. Talk about AWKWARD.