Saturday, December 13, 2008

Special Sister Post and Other Things to Make you Cry With Joy

It is Cold Cocoa's Birthday today! She was a little upset that I hadn't done a special sister post in her honor, but that would just make us seem like we're the kind of sisters that hug. And we're not, so instead I will show my love by revealing this about her: She has always been one of the people who makes me laugh the most. I can only say that about maybe three people so props to her. Plus she shares a lot of my vices and that makes me feel not so guilty about them. Props again. Hurray for sisters!

Moving on so everyone stops thinking about sisterly feelings and gets back to the exciting things of my life.... Look at our garage! Hub installed some cabinets from his parents' kitchen and put them in our garage to make us look fancy-pants organized. I can't wait for the kids to start playing in them and messing up whatever order exits right now.
And here is how Ike earns his room and board. Don't you love having kids who are finally old enough to do REAL labor (not the haphazard shoveling of clothes away and playing with wet rags) and not require your constant supervision?? I'm sure that his enthusiasm to help shovel had nothing to do with the novelty of the snow and he will be the first one out there every snow storm.
And we did get our Christmas tree so you can stop worrying about that. Hub and the kids decorated it while I was at YWs and I was OK with that. Why mess with ornament placement when it gets changed by the kiddies about 45 times a day? That is all.

10 comments:

cold cocoa said...

I can't believe I got 1/4 of your post devoted to me! I feel so warm inside. I could give you a hug right now...and I thought I was the funniest? Who am I competing with? Jordan? Conan?

Love the "man's castle" sign. It hangs proudly in our garage too!

TisforTonya said...

Our poor "man's castle" sign is still sitting on top of the tool bench waiting for someone to hang it properly :)
You know, now we're all expecting special wishes on our birthdays... I think that makes me next! (okay, really... don't... REALLY don't)

stephanie said...

how sentimental you are getting in your old age. At this rate,you might actually hug Cold Cocoa by the time you are 50.

I can't believe you missed the decorating of the tree. I would be depressed.

Heidi said...

You mean, kids do work? Chores? Stuff that I normally do---THEY could be doing it? Aiiieeee! I have really missed the boat! Sadly, I suspect it is too late now for all that but there might still be hope with the Little Guy (who is so sweet and thoughtful and plain *normal* that I would marry him if it weren't for the, you know, obvious impediments). sigh

big8smiley said...

I love your garage cupboards!!! Jeremy will be so jealous!

LC said...

That's a great little tribute to cc. i'd have to say the family are the top dozen people that make me laugh and Jack Black, and that guy in the Office, oh man.

hOLLIANN said...

You guys got tons of snow! I have been absent from blogland for a while...I am sure it was a welcomed absense from most.

DKAZ said...

Ugh..that was sappy! I don't like sappy Megz. It's kinda like movies where Robin Williams wears glasses.

The Allreds said...

Send that zealous snow shoveler my way...there's not much of the cold out there that I enjoy : (
CA blood running through me!
Like the cupboards...maybe Noelle can play house out there when it warms up : ) Leon will love that idea, I'm sure!

Sherie Christensen said...

I think I'm going to hug you next time I see you just for fun. I was wondering who the other two funny people are. Yourself and Derek? No, I really enjoyed the post -- I was slow to get time to read it and thus slow to comment.