Monday, March 7, 2011

Trying to make Lemonade.....

Let’s break down last week, shall we? Our washing machine became a leaker. Being as it’s a senior citizen my hopes aren’t high on how we can maintain our relationship. Our microwave died right after heating up the cornbag that I put in my bed every night to warm up my toes.( Hmmmm, maybe I’m the senior citizen?) Then there’s the chunk of fence Ethan pried off because he couldn’t quite remember how to use the latch…..And last but not least, Noelle ran around the house with a broken pen.  Inky fingers weren’t enough and she somehow managed to step in the ink as well. I will be googling ‘ways to remove ink from all flooring surfaces’ when I get up the stamina.
However, on the good side Hub and I left the house sans children for several hours to see the Jazz lose. A loss doesn’t feel as bad when you’re sitting on the front row and get complimentary food…. And Sydney got a new dresser for her Birthday to help alleviate our bloated dresser problem. Sure, we actually put Noelle’s clothes in it, but when you’re two you don’t really care about those things.    Isaac started a spring soccer league, Mitch was invited to do a basketball shootout, Ethan went on a field trip to the Scera Theatre that caused him to lose sleep because he was so excited…..so I guess there have been a few positives around here as well.   And tomorrow I get to go hang out with Isaac at school while he learns about his ‘physical development’. Wait, that should probably go in the top paragraph  with the trials. Pretty sure this is going to rank right up there with broken washing machine. Especially in his mind.
Anyhoo, this here is our life as we know it. Anyone relate?

7 comments:

The Allreds said...

I'm laughing once again...not at your misfortune but of picturing you with Isaac's class : )
Sorry to hear about the washer and microwave - both things you can't live without. I've been there, so I feel your pain! Maybe you'll get some new appliances out of the deal and that could add some more sentiments to the happy paragraph : )

cold cocoa said...

That is a bunch of sour lemons. Especially the ink part. And the microwave and washing machine part. You can totally borrow mom's, you know. Both of those things. Then she can buy a top loader when she comes home.

Michelle said...

Way to think Cold Cocoa. We have lived without a microwave for quite some time. We've learned we are way to dependent on it and decided to go much longer without it. It has improved my creativity when cooking.
There was only one mom at the boys maturation program during my fifth grade year. Her kid was so embarrassed she left. Hmmm.

stephanie said...

Trey wants to know why you are trying to make lemonade. He was reading your post over my shoulder.

Sounds like you are having too much fun. I bet Isaac is excited about his mother going to the maturation program. What boy wouldn't be?
Ethan's enthusiasm for life makes me happy. I hope he is always that way.

LC said...

You get to spend your tax return on home projects too?
Isaac can't have to go to that already. Ugh.

Wendy said...

NO WAY! Our washing machine went out, too! Why didn't we meet up at the laundro-mat as we anxiously awaited our tax return to pay for the new appliances? No beach vacation for your family either, huh? Well, Uncle Sam knows how to time it right. Anyway, sorry to hear about your week. Hope no more of those come your way anytime soon...

Sherie Christensen said...

Are you currently wishing you were getting a ginormous tax return? We went through a spell kind of like the one you described. Kayli is sure our microwave is the next thing to die. I suppose that's better than one of our already replaced appliances dying. Way to be a good parent and go hang out with Isaac even when he might wish you were anywhere but there!